May 7, 2017

Easy Homemade Ramen


Well, it's official:  After a lot of prayer, we've decided to start homeschooling my little sous chef starting the next school year!  I'm both excited and nervous for this new adventure we're about to embark upon.  Seventh grade is no joke, and I've been spending countless hours researching curriculum, obsessing over state laws, etc.  One of my plans is to get her cooking more with me in the kitchen during the week, and hopefully I'll be able to incorporate more of her into my blog posts!  As anyone else, I know we'll have good days and bad days, and I am preparing myself for the laughter, tears, victory, and frustration.  Bring it!  

Now on to the recipe.  I had some leftover pulled pork that I had to use up for dinner this weekend, and I decided to use it in Ramen.  This homemade version is so easy and much healthier than the stuff we used to live off of in college!  The broth is so flavorful and delicious, and I know you'll  love the addition of the soft-boiled egg.  



Ingredients:
Yields 3 to 4 servings
Adapted from:  DamnDelicious


  • 1 tbsp sesame oil 
  • 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced 
  • 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated 
  • 4 c chicken broth
  • 3 c water  
  • 4 oz mushrooms
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 tbsp soy sauce, or to taste 
  • 5 oz. curly noodles, uncooked 
  • 3 c baby spinach 
  • 1 large carrot, grated 
  • 2 tbsp green onion, chopped 
  • Optional:  Cooked chicken, pork, etc., chopped or shredded 
  • 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds 
  • Pepper, to taste 
  • Options:  Dash of sriracha, or to taste

Directions:

Heat sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute.  Whisk in the broth and water.  Add the mushrooms and soy sauce.  Reduce the heat and simmer until the mushrooms are softened, about 10 minutes.  Meanwhile, while the liquid is simmering, add the eggs during the last 6 minutes.  Remove the eggs and place in an ice bath; set aside. 

Add the noodles to the pot, and cook according to package instructions.  During the last 3 minutes of cooking the noodles, stir in the spinach, carrot, green onion, optional cooked meat, and sesame seeds.  Season with pepper and additional soy sauce, to taste.  Add the optional sriracha, to taste.  Peel the eggs, slice them in half, and add them to the pot.  

Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: