November 4, 2010

Chicken Caesar Flatbread Sandwich

I had planned on cooking leg of lamb tonight for dinner but I decided to stray from my weekly meal planner (which I hardly ever do) and go with what I was craving -- chicken Caesar sandwiches! These are very simple and fast but so delicious! The family gobbled them right up and loved them. My daughter came up with the idea that I should have her showing a thumbs up if it's good, thumbs medium if it's "meh" or thumbs down if it's not good. I think it's a cute idea, so I will (try to remember to) add the thumbs up, thumbs medium or thumbs down for Madelyn's rating of a meal. I have to be careful now that I have a food critic judging my every meal. lol



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
  • 1/4 c Caesar dressing PLUS more for topping
  • Cooking spray, to coat indoor grill, panini maker or cast-iron grill pan
  • 4 flatbread slices or pitas
  • Shredded Romano cheese, to taste
  • Parmesan cheese, to taste
  • 2 c Iceburg lettuce, chopped
  • 1 tomato, chopped
  • Salt, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Here are the thumb rating pictures (let's hope I don't get too many of the last two):



Directions:
  • Marinate the chicken breast strips in 1/4 c of the Caesar dressing for at least 2 hours.
  • Preheat grill and coat with cooking spray.
  • Cook the chicken strips for 5 minutes (I used panini maker), until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
  • Assemble the sandwich. Lay lettuce on top of one slice of flatbread. Pour desired amount dressing over the lettuce and top with chicken, tomato and cheeses. Season with salt and pepper. Repeat for the remaining slices of flatbread.
  • Fold and enjoy! Simple? Yes!
Madelyn rating:
"Good!"


5 comments:

  1. I can see why this was a thumbs-up kind of night! I also luv this sandwich - looks like a yummy version! (Your daughter is adorable! Wonder if mine would do that for me???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yeah, you can't go wrong with grilled chicken and Caesar dressing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Caesar Salad flatbread! Of course!!! must make this for sure. OH and your daughter is ADORABLE! Love the ratings system! Kids are the harshest most honest critics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sommer, you got that right! Sometimes she won't even TRY food before she says, ewww...that's not good. lol

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: