September 4, 2013

Triple Berry Crisp


My family went berry picking at Linvilla Orchards and I have a whole lot of berries to play with!  I decided to make a triple berry crisp for desert tonight.  I love this recipe because it is simple, delicious and I always have these ingredients on hand in my pantry.


Ingredients:
  • 3 c berries, thinly sliced (I use 1 c each of blueberries, raspberries and strawberries)
  • 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 tbsp white sugar

Crumb Topping:
  • 1/4 c all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 c quick-cooking oats
  • 1/3 c walnuts, chopped 
  • 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp white sugar
  • 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
  • Pinch of salt
  • 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
  • Optional:  Ice cream

Directions:


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Toss the berries with cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of sugar, set aside.

Make the crumb topping.  Combine flour, oats, walnuts, brown sugar, white sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a bowl.  Add the butter and work it in until the mixture is crumbly.

Pour the berry mixture into a 1 1/2-quart baking dish and top evenly with the crumb mixture.

Bake for 40 minutes.
Serve with ice cream.  Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. i am your newest follower! can't wait to try out some of your recipes, they look fantastic!
    anne
    www.anniebakes.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Anne! I found your blog the other day and am very excited to try your recipes as well! :)

    Celeste

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: